Game Day 75: Oilers vs Kings
The top 18 questions about the Edmonton Oilers for the rest of the 2017-18 season?
- Will Connor McDavid win the scoring title?
- Will Leon Draisaitl average a point per game?
- Will Ryan Nugent-Hopkins play well enough on McDavid’s wing to persuade Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli that McDavid has found the right match on the top line so no major trade involving RNH needs to be made this summer?
- Will RNH play well enough on Connor McDavid’s wing to persaude Oilers coach Todd McLellan that he’s the answer on McDavid’d wing — and not Leon Draisaitl?
- Will Ryan Strome and Jesse Puljujarvi continue to show some chemistry and raise their status on the team?
- Will Cam Talbot look like the Talbot of last year or the Talbot of most of this year?
- Will Ethan Bear settle down in his own zone (with Kris Russell at his side and leading the way)?
- Will Leon Draisaitl be positioned in the right circle on the power play, where he can unleash his left one-timer, which is the team’s most dangerous weapon on the power play?
- Will McLellan continue to go with pure skill on the power play?
- Will Leon Draisaitl provide more evidence that he’s best used as the driver of his own line?
- Will McLellan go back to what we already know everything about, how this team functions with McDavid and Draisaitl on the same line?
- Will Yohann Auvitu get a chance to prove himself running a power play (so the Oilers can properly evaluate all he can and can’t bring to the team)?
- Will Adam Larsson and Darnell Nurse consistently demonstrate they can get it done as a shut-down pairing against the tough competition?
- Will Ty Rattie prove to be a flash in the pan or a late bloomer?
- Will Milan Lucic continue to get the ice time he deserves (third line, second unit power play) or will he maybe even earn more of a role?
- Will one, two or three of Rattie, Iiro Pakarinen, Drake Caggiula, Anton Slepyshev, Pontus Aberg or Zack Kassian step up enough that the Oilers can count on them for a third line (or second line?) role next year?
- Will Andrej Sekera keep slowly trending up in his recovery from knee surgery?
- Will the Oilers PK continue to get the job done, with Strome, RNH, Khaira, Kassian and Draisaitl as the main forwards cogs in that unit?